- Information We CollectOur Website typically collects three kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide which personally identifies you; (b) information that does not personally identify you which we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us; © information collected by advertising networks.
- Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, address, e‑mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, to facilitate the use of Commodores content, you must provide personally identifiable information when registering. Affiliates of Commodores may also be required to provide a tax identification number.
- Non-Personal Information: Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Websites. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Windows OS, Windows 10, Macintosh OS, etc.), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., XFinity, Comcast, America Online, etc.), the specific areas of the Website that you visit, and the duration of your visit.
- Advertiser Information: We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
- How We Use & Share the Information Collected
- Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
- Other Uses & Information
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers (computers that “serve up” web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our Websites, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of our Website. IP addresses are considered non-personal information and may also be shared as provided above. We reserve the right to use IP addresses and any personally identifiable information to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; © protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
- Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others.
- Transfer of Assets: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright or other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; © protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
- Public Forums
- Keeping Your Information Secure
- We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
- Child Protection Policy
- The Falmouth Commodores Baseball Club, Inc. encourages parents/guardians to monitor and take a part in their children’s online activities. It is important for parents/guardians to know that falmouthcommodores.com is compliant with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, www.coppa.org) standards.COPPA requires that we (a) inform parents and guardians about how we collect, use and disclose personal information from children under the age of 13, (b) obtain the prior verifiable consent of parents and guardians in order for children under the age of 13 to use certain features of the site, © do not collect more information than is reasonably necessary for a child to participate in a given activity on this site and (d) provide the parent with the ability to review and delete the information collected about their child.With your children’s protection in mind, we have developed falmouthcommodores.com to meet all of these COPPA requirements.
- All users, regardless of age, have the option to browse our website and view sample content without any personal information being collected.
- You or your child may be asked to provide personal information such as their email address, birth date, address, city, in order to register for a baseball clinic or participate in other programs offered by the Commodores.
- Parents and children should note that any personal information that a child (or anyone) chooses to disclose in their choice of username, in a blog, or other interactive activities will be viewed and accessible by other users of the site. Children (or anyone, regardless of age) should not post any personally identifiable information including, without limitation, legal names, phone numbers, or email addresses, within their username, blogging community, video or image descriptions, or other interactive activities. Parents should talk to their children about not posting personal information in connection with their participation in these public and interactive activities on the falmouthcommodores.com website.
- Parents and legal guardians may inquire as to personal information submitted by their child under the age of 13 by emailing us or writing to the mailing address at the bottom of this page.
- Other Sites
- Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
- Contact Information
P.O. Box 808
Falmouth, MA firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits, features and services offered on or through our Website.
© 2017 Falmouth Commodores Baseball Club, Inc.
Last updated and effective date: February 7, 2017